I am going to write about a random utility based object. Its something most of us use in our daily life- namely, a soap. To be precise, its L’Occitani (Extra-Gentle Soap). I normally don’t remember the exact names of soap (and certainly not French ones) but this one happens to be in front of me. In fact, we will discuss in another blog (someday, god willing) why there is a cake of unopened soap in front of my computer screen. However, today is a self-assigned test of my writing skills and a declaration of my complete and utter lack of anything-better-to-do!
L’Occitane
In a very recent episode of Grey’s Anatomy (this Sundays to be specific) the general audience (which consists of hormonally charged women) witnessed a man unable to recognize and name a common object-a glass. Apparently one part of the brain is allotted to the emotions and the other to the identification and memory of...well...Things. So I am also going to attempt to look at the same things differently.
Infact, this reminds me of another episode of Oprah (I think I may be rightly accused of watching too much TV) where a man had no recollection of anything. He started out in life at 30 with a complete lack of emotional baggage and cynical notions. How altogether wonderful and horribly scary!
Coming back to the soap….well it says it’s a soap but I guess we have to show some good faith in the manufacturers before we start scrubbing our wet bodies with it. Its packaging also claims that it hails from the land of Champagne (excuse that…I just learnt a few short weeks ago that only France has the right to call White Wine ‘Champagne’ and here I was thinking that they were two slightly different things…well they are…but if we start discrimination based on the origin of something…things would get very messy and perhaps racism would have to be re-defined.).
Its unobtrusive brown back also says that it’s a ‘vegetable soap’…hmm…I wonder what that means. Does it, as I have believed for so long, have vegetable oils? Or is it, slightly more improbably, a vegetable disguised as a soap? A task fit for a magician indeed or maybe a scientist will be able to crack the mystery in a few short centuries. I currently hold a low opinion of scientists based purely on a personal interaction with a student of medicine who has no inclination towards scientific research. It’s best if you don’t try and unearth the logic or connection, as time may prove that it doesn’t exist.
The cover also blabbers on incoherently about some chemicals in it. Words like helianthus annus (SUNFLOWER!!!!!!!!) and tetrasodium edta are also tossed around. (gasp! Even MS word doesn’t recognize them!....i am typing on MS because of th inconsistency of my internet connection and not because I am unable to spell to save my life…)
Now we have finally (wheeew) reached the end of my self-imposed task (wipes brow)…since I doubt anyone but moi will be willing to go through the above I will also try and insert some random insults for people I don’t like up there. (that should make you lazy bums re-read it !...*chuckles to self*)
Anyway now I am going to take your leave and drown myself in my preparation for the intensive study mode that I have to create…(I may sleep)…
Tata for now my sugarplumssss…*gags*…*has difficulty breathing*
*kicks the balls of the doctor who tries to save life…ahh this prejudice may prove fatal for me*….
Nighty night and be as good as your nature permits you to be!
Toodles!...:D
31/03/08
1 comment:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??
reason 1) Swati read YOUR blog?
reason 2) well, hello, the entry. Soap, Saumia... really??
Yet again, Welcome to the world of my friends and our weird obscure lives :D
Post a Comment