.jpg)
Somebody far smarter than most people once said, there’s your version, my version and then there’s the truth.
*waits for it to sink in*
Since nobody is really able to come to any ‘real’ conclusions anyway based on personal experiences, we might as well adopt the Eliot way. I.e. we get to disassociate the writer from his/her creation to the point that the person narrating the story is also not assumed to be the writer.
Clear enough, eh?
So since my personal experience is basically limited to college (academics)/ assorted relationships (varying from toffee-butterscotch to grape-purple ice candy) my reactions to the world (which are normally, as I read further, thoroughly explored by other people hundreds of years ago)… Which means whatever I write is ultimately quite useless/pointless/meaningless/anything of value-less, maybe it’s high time a different approach is adopted.
It would be a shame to know that I came so close to the truth only to wrap a cream napkin around my eyes and profess to be ignorant to the facts. Again, simply speaking, it would be stupid to deny the obvious that nothing of great merit is really popping out of this rumble-jumble heap of thoughts that I call my (nearly) daily blog posts.
What I am trying very hard to spell out for some obscure reason (as always) is that there should be a better reason for writing. Writing for the sake of writing is wonderful but what does it get one barring aching fingers (pure and total exaggeration)… This is what reading Peter Barry does to me, makes me question it all and reminds me of the questions some part of me tried to so hard to forget. It raises up all the relevant debates raging in the world and clearly sings out the question “and my dear, what are You doing to contribute?”. Before I can mumble my excuse and hide my face in another Kinsella, am bombarded by the ‘great’ ones of literature who may or may not have made a lasting impact but that never stopped them from trying.
Sigh. Why can’t it be simpler?
M once told me (in a completely different context, maybe it was D.P related),
“Nothing is really that complicated *Insert my name*, it is you who makes it So complex”
I know M, deep down I know (okay, even up here I know) that I don’t necessarily Need this additional pressure or extra bombardment of questions, I know but I don’t really want to swim in the shallow end of the pool, especially not when I know the deep side of it exists well within the reach of my dreams:)
*waits for it to sink in*
Since nobody is really able to come to any ‘real’ conclusions anyway based on personal experiences, we might as well adopt the Eliot way. I.e. we get to disassociate the writer from his/her creation to the point that the person narrating the story is also not assumed to be the writer.
Clear enough, eh?
So since my personal experience is basically limited to college (academics)/ assorted relationships (varying from toffee-butterscotch to grape-purple ice candy) my reactions to the world (which are normally, as I read further, thoroughly explored by other people hundreds of years ago)… Which means whatever I write is ultimately quite useless/pointless/meaningless/anything of value-less, maybe it’s high time a different approach is adopted.
It would be a shame to know that I came so close to the truth only to wrap a cream napkin around my eyes and profess to be ignorant to the facts. Again, simply speaking, it would be stupid to deny the obvious that nothing of great merit is really popping out of this rumble-jumble heap of thoughts that I call my (nearly) daily blog posts.
What I am trying very hard to spell out for some obscure reason (as always) is that there should be a better reason for writing. Writing for the sake of writing is wonderful but what does it get one barring aching fingers (pure and total exaggeration)… This is what reading Peter Barry does to me, makes me question it all and reminds me of the questions some part of me tried to so hard to forget. It raises up all the relevant debates raging in the world and clearly sings out the question “and my dear, what are You doing to contribute?”. Before I can mumble my excuse and hide my face in another Kinsella, am bombarded by the ‘great’ ones of literature who may or may not have made a lasting impact but that never stopped them from trying.
Sigh. Why can’t it be simpler?
M once told me (in a completely different context, maybe it was D.P related),
“Nothing is really that complicated *Insert my name*, it is you who makes it So complex”
I know M, deep down I know (okay, even up here I know) that I don’t necessarily Need this additional pressure or extra bombardment of questions, I know but I don’t really want to swim in the shallow end of the pool, especially not when I know the deep side of it exists well within the reach of my dreams:)
5 comments:
but i prefer to write not for the sake of writing, but for the fruit thereafter....
getting your points of view and feelings through to the world here is all that matters.. Whether it be for someone's sake or not shouldn't bother enthusiastic bloggers like you..:)
because you write masterpieces and others read it AND like it?
thats the only gratifying thing in the world for a writer
I guess I have alot of questions looming in my head too... and i guess that gets me worked up.. and I guess the only way out is to choose what we can take on face value and what we really need to affected about...
ps: Hiesenberg at its best I guess.. hehe..
Jinxy (aww)- you child you... you still expect the fruit? :)
anurag- i know like right??...hehe... ah, guess i was just fishing for reinforcement.. *yay* :)
deluded- you are the coolest reader :)...
swayam- thanks for mentioning heisenberg...ended up wiki-ing him and found a way to kill 20 minutes :)
Post a Comment