So my friends think im crazy cuz i spend some time writing about conversations i have with inanimate objects...yes, how silly...of them to perceive me as crazy ofcourse...what did you think?
Anyway, regardless of popular opinion i will type out what i wrote while sitting with Dancey and Sw....its like my gaze was hooked and i was a slave to my fingers that scribbled away in the diary that V gifted me...(totally for these sudden whims)...happened on friday...umm...yday...23rd?
diary's real pretty btw
and...
"The life story of a lemon slice-
wet and suckled on. Then quickly discarded for a new drink and cherry strip. Ignored and not worthy even of being swept under the rug. More likely, tossed aside with the more mediocre vegetables, think cucumber peel. Rubbing shoulders with the soggy napkin and eavesdropping reluctantly on the 21st century 'chick-convo'. Hovering between exasperation at their ignoring facts and amusement at the never ending cycle of heart-to-heart chats. Yes, the lemon slice was sharing wiith the girls, a slice of their life through their words. This was his life and soon to follow would be his neglected demise. If lucky, crunched up by a hungry dog or pawed gently (later viciously) by a barn cat. All in a days work, ofcourse for him, it was his only day and all that he would ever be. A lemon slice."
Reaction of Sw and Dancey you ask?...both were busy contradicting the possibility of any dog being attracted to lemon slices. After countered with the 'lucky' mentioned above, they stared for a bit and we drifted off topic. I suspect, much to their relief.
I guess i should just repeat what i told them about 5 minutes after this. "Inanimate objects are good listeners." and believe you me, i have never said/written anything more accurate.
So i suppose i must thank someone for the above (just because)
-Firstly, my fabulous parents who let me choose my own quirky path when they least understood it
-Secondly, V for giving me this diary that i will mess up with my tragic handwriting and literary masterpieces (see plural!!!, optimism is surging up in spurts!)
-Thirdly, i owe something to the lemon slice who was lying dejectedly on the wooden table prompting me to talk about it... (you underestimate yourself, my friend!)
And that folks, as they say, is a wrap!
:)
3 comments:
"And that folks, as they say, is a wrap!"
Who says so? That's a phrase I am not familiar with.
In any case a sure shot symptom of dementia is talking to yourself. As you would have put it, Pugsie is a 'hairs throw' away from being put in a straight jacket. Pugsie talks to objects. I am pretty, when you were a kid, you would have spoken to cats and dogs. Then moved onto plants. And, now pencils:).
I actually just realized I love calling people mad:). You are mad.
And, hey I love Bongs, Digs and Tams. Tams are cheap and ugly. But I still do like them. I also love firangs. They are really civil and nice.
P.S. I am just kidding on the mad bit.
P.P.S. But you got to admite. Talking to a pencil is crazy.
And I just realized dementia is just memory loss. So replace it with normal madness.
lol..somehow being pronounced insane is fun!...kind of liberating...:P
and i dont actually talk to pencils...i just write about the conversations that i think i would have with them...
adds some colour to life...try it
:D
ps- dogs...yes...but thats cuz they really 'get' whats goin on
:P
Post a Comment