Followers Anew

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My zen

If I had to notch up some famous (read overt) flaws of mine that could lead to tragic consequences if not reined in Now... They would be (in no particular order)

The Sin of
-Pride (overconfidence, overestimation of one's own abilities)
-Sloth (laziness because of aforementioned overconfidence)
-Wrath (I blame the Bull in me.. who can take it all in for hours, days..sometimes months...and then one bright sunny day react ferociously to a tiny glimpse of red.. then no mercy.. grrrowl!)

The thing to remember is that these Sins seem to cross each others path and sometimes pave the way from one to the other. Now I could put the word Sins in quotes to show just how meaningless I think the categorization is... To dismiss the cold hard lines of definition and say it is all a relative, subjective and ever fluctuating Concept. But politically incorrect though it probably is.. I believe they Are flaws. They ARE Sins. They are feelings/emotions/tendencies that ARE "fatal to spiritual progress".

It isn't something I'm declaring at a moments whim. It happens to be something I've personally experienced; The destructive nature of these tendencies.
I'm also very comfortable expressing regrets about the past. Not the fact that it happened but sometimes the way it was handled...by me. Because when any or all of the Sins would come into play there would always be a hint of regret in the air, palpable some 2-3 hours later.
So I don't regret episodes... I just believe I could have handled them with a far more peaceful approach.
I think detachment is beautiful if the process is a soft gentle one.
It doesn't even have to be poignant. It could be the joyful one like that of bacteria.. you know, splitting apart and us calling it reproduction. I guess I like the idea of remaining a whole after "splitting".

These are creepy thought to have on yet another beautiful (Extra)sunny June day! :)
ta all...

2 comments:

Pavitra said...

Yeah...that is fascinating bout the bacteria....
well I guess when you are in that heated moment...its really very difficult not to commit those sins....and yes, the regret you go through later isn't pretty :(
But its worth a shot to try to be peaceful...

Samster said...

develop.cultivate.wallow in peace
:D