Followers Anew

Monday, June 23, 2008

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

So what exactly do friends do?
I mean apart from holding your heaving shoulders, passing the nachos, catching up for movies, not hating you when you're a bitch, 3 hour conversations, dream-sharing, ridiculous dream-sharing, sarcastic comments passing, correcting, crush dissecting, b'day gift uh gifting, loving and all the rest of it. I mean APART from above... What do friends really do?
Do they change us as a person over a long period of time...do you start judging people on THEIR parameters?...Do you start thinking of yourself like an 'us'- a play on the modern day single brigade relationship? Do you let them filter in far more than you can ever realize???
Yesterday may have shown me a side-effect of great friendship on the more obvious short-term effect scale...they give you balls.
S and Pugsie were together. Pranks, of course were inevitable. But somehow the league in which we played suddenly went up (like the stock market a few months ago)...and this huge tide of confidence (with some very good dramatic skills) took us way beyond what was expected.
(got a call right now and it suddenly appears that standing up for a friend can also make some things a lil messy, esp when other people dont spell out what they've been up to publically...considering the past one would think that i would have learnt but i guess that stick-up-for-friend gene never goes away-just becomes dormant. a blessing or a curse. i may learn someday.)...
you know, that whole 'lets be positive thing' is forcing me to be nice. argh. i hate the fact that i feel bad about being mean (if only in a joke) bla.
sniffs

2 comments:

Ram Srinivasan said...

Somehow I never seem to agree with you on anything. Trust me I am not doing this on purpose:).

Friends! Humbugs! Family, and now we are talking something:). In any case I have notice each girl has one bestestest friend.

So it is like you are not just dating a girl. You are also dating her best friend. The best friend vicariously experiences everything. So if the best friend feels like dinner and a movie, I will have to take my girl out for dinner and movie.

And it is kinda embarrasing when the guy actually meets the best friend. I couldn't remeber the girls name. She knew every single detail about me including my birthday, where my dad works.

Samster said...

lol....oh well difference of opinion makes life lively (looking on the bright side)...
but yeah i agree that when you date someone you also date the bestest friend!!! (...:)...)
but i think thats inevitable and also fun (for the girl and best friend)...
so live and learn okieee...major brownie points for remembering the best friends name and bday (trust me)..
its one of those things you can never change...like craving chocolate! :D (dont you dare disagree with that!)