Ever have one of those friendships when you were the 'bestest' friends with someone
(almost)only because you were in the 2 meter radius (all the time!) for about a gazill years?
Well, i have and last night i realized something- Its not totally a bad feeling to re-visit it and poke up some ghosts. The memories that surged up, embarrassing for them and refreshing for me were hilarious to a neutral observer. Some of the close-est pals from kid-hood or adoloscence if you please and the 'new' I. The new I----
-does not get embarrassed when people makes asses of themselves in public
-does not mind making an ass of self in public
-allows people to be themselves (even if they do things i would not do)
-does not taunt (the old I didnt either)
-accepts that things change and its not always for the worst, we need to grow as people and everyone enters our life for a reason
-is more philosophical and has a lil more direction
-is lucky enough to be studying what she loves
-is happy and feels blessed
A night with the spooky past turned out to not be such a slit-your-wrist-with-awkwardness kind. I ended up pleading rex's case, talking about days gone by, articulating why i'd been avoiding social occasions for 2 years (with them) and trying to 'get' if things could be the same again. no.
Things can never completely be the same again, you can be as warm as freshly popped toast and as giggly as the new girl in that Na Jaane Tu movie but things will never go back to the way they were. Perhaps thats even a blessing. I liked that i didnt respond to any negativity thrown my way, brushing it away like a spiders web (ie. casually) and not taking in any barbs. not taking them to heart at least. i like myself for trying to be the person who does not sit and mope over every word, for making a wee bit of effort to see things from their perspective (which is always hard to do for me...im frankly super glued into my own shoes/osho chappals)
I met an amazing Auntie yday, she does reiki and prescribes homeopathy... i love her. Simply speaking have met her a grand total of 2 times but the vibes i get from her make me wanna throw my arms round her into a bear hug (which i also do)... she gave me these lil slips to read with words of uhh knowledge/wisdom/help. Things that dealt with concepts like knowing Gods around and taking the time to listen to your own mind. I realize i do that, through this blog. This being the more filtered and less garbled version of my mind where i speak up to be heard by a few. I love this day simply cuz its one of the few when im able to open my eyes and see the life i have as pretty darn beautiful (and im not wearing rose tinted glasses)
Ps-i also believe that when you keep expecting negative stuff to pop up then it comes in torrents and that becomes all you can focus on...while with joy, if you expect it and it comes piggy-backing some sorrow...you focus on the joy and that makes you happy. Lets be 'good' people. Face it, we're happier that way. :)
Pps-to everyone whose a part of my life, in lil and humongous ways, i thank you for being there. You help me learn in ways that are unconscious but desperately needed. i AM aiming for a sin-less life here. mwahaha. okay, this had to be gooey loving not semi-weird-sense-o-humour-ignore-worthy. *sheepish*
6 comments:
oui...you almost made me think about face-off and the man in the iron mask...its a good thing that you have decided to take life's pains in your stride, but then, if someone tries to sock at you....SOCK 'EM BACK...
Scribblers Inc.
Haha... so the sleepover was okay!
you are turning into a spritual guru!
Again you think way too much. And that too about friends. And that three (what a joke) about friends like S. I know this post is not w.r. to S but I had to somehow introduce an insult.
The girl in Na Tum Jaane is not new. She acted with Ritest Deshmukh in his first movie. She is a total retard. She plays that stupid giggly role all the time and I feel like catching that pesky face and errr... kissing it.
"Things that dealt with concepts like knowing Gods around and taking the time to listen to your own mind. I realize i do that, through this blog."
Oh! So you figured out I am God. Hell! I wanted it to be a secret. In any case please keep it to yourself.
Irony is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what a speaker or writer says and what he or she means, or what is generally understood [Wiki].
So no! That was NOT irony. I din't see any discordance, or for that matter any incongruity. I am sorry but you were just plain old correct. Nothing fancy.
@ scribblers inc.
i like the idea, but hope matters never come to that :P
@ s
sleepover was 'okay'. yes. yes. kinda.
@ wicked
A.your blatant attempt to somehow force the insult wasnt missed..
B.i believe i shall still call it irony and you may construe this as a bullish tendency
ps-you accidently pronounced me 'correct'. tch.
Now that is irony:). I had to call your correct to prove that you were wrong.
Post a Comment